Dental veneers are thin, customized porcelain shells designed to cover the front side of teeth. They are often used to correct stained, chipped, or crooked teeth.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Restores a beautiful smile. Veneers allow your smile to have a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Corrects minor cosmetic problems in teeth. Veneers are a great solution to correct smaller cosmetic problems in teeth, such as gaps, stains, chips, and misalignment.
- Comfortable fit. Cosmetic veneers are customized to fit your natural teeth, making them a comfortable cosmetic option.
- Gives your teeth a natural look. Veneers are designed to match the shape and shade of your natural teeth, giving your smile a more natural appearance.
Porcelain Veneers Procedure
- Prepping the teeth for veneers – We will first remove a very thin layer of enamel from your teeth to make room for the veneers to fit. We will also make impressions and models of your teeth to send to a specialized dental laboratory.
- Creating the veneers – The veneers are created by a dental technician in the dental laboratory, using the mold and impressions we have taken of your teeth.
- Fitting and managing the veneers – We will test the fit of the new veneers before finally bonding them to your teeth. The veneer process is irreversible, so it is important to keep up healthy dental habits, such as brushing and flossing daily, in order to maintain them. In addition, avoid and limit foods such as coffee and soda to prevent your new veneers from staining.