Dentures are removable, prosthetic appliances used to replace sets of missing teeth that have been lost due to severe tooth decay, gum disease, or injury. There are many types of dentures, including:
- Partial Dentures – Removable partial dentures, also known as fixed-partial bridges, are a denture alternative suitable for patients who have natural teeth that still remain. Replacement teeth are attached to a gum-colored base, which can be connected to a metal framework that holds the denture in the mouth.
- Permanent Dentures – Permanent dentures, also known as fixed dentures, are dentures that are fixed in your mouth and are surgically anchored into the jaw bone for stability.
Benefits of Dentures
- Restores a beautiful smile.Dentures restore missing teeth in your mouth, allowing for a new, healthy, beautiful smile.
- Comfortable fit. Dentures are customized to fit your mouth, making them comfortable to use on a regular basis.
- Restores function. Dentures provide you with the teeth you need to bite, eat, and speak normally again.
- Preserves facial structure. Dentures prevent facial muscles from sagging due to a lack of teeth to support them. Fixed dentures can help preserve jaw bone from deterioration.
- Prepping the teeth for dentures – We will first take a series of impressions and models of your jaw to send to a specialized dental laboratory.
- Creating the dentures– A dental technician will use the impressions and models we provide them to create a customized set of dentures.
- Fitting and managing the dentures – We will test the fit of the dentures and make adjustments as necessary. When it comes to management, good dental hygiene habits will allow your dentures to last for a very long time.