Braces Treatment at Kew Gardens, NY
Braces are a type of orthodontic treatment used to correct teeth that are either misaligned, crowded, crooked, or have minor gaps. In addition, braces can be used to correct a bite by helping your upper and lower jaws align properly.
Benefits of Braces
- Results in a better smile. Braces can help correct any misalignment problems with your teeth, resulting in a nicer looking smile.
- Improves function. Straightened teeth as a result of braces improve your ability to bite, chew, and speak.
- Allows your teeth to be healthier. Straightened teeth are easier to brush and floss, making them easier to care for and healthier as a result.
Types of Braces
While traditional metal braces include metal wires and brackets that gently apply pressure on your teeth to cause shifting, there are many other different types of braces now available, including:
- Invisalign/clear aligners
- Fast braces
- Ceramic braces
- Lingual braces
- Creating the treatment plan – The type of braces treatment plan we create for you depends on your situation and the type of braces we decide is the best option for you. We will map out how we plan for your teeth to shift over time as you undergo treatment.
- Starting the treatment – Once we have created a treatment plan for you, we will fit the braces to your teeth to make sure they wear comfortably so you can start treatment. The amount of time it takes to complete a treatment depends on the type of braces you receive and the extent of the correction that needs to be made on your teeth. However, most patients undergo treatment from 1 to 3 years.
- After the treatment – Following the treatment, we will provide you with a retainer that should be worn in order to help your aligned teeth remain in their new positions.