Dental Implants at Kew Gardens, NY
Dental implants have become a more permanent and effective way to replace missing teeth. Essentially, dental implants are metal anchors used to substitute the tooth roots of missing teeth. They are fitted with an artificial replacement tooth, designed to look and feel like your natural teeth.
Benefits of Implants
- Improves your smile’s appearance. A dental implant is made to match the same shape, color, and fit as your natural teeth.
- Dental implants improve your ability to speak and eat normally.
- Preserves facial structure. Dental implants help preserve your facial structure that would otherwise weaken from bone deterioration caused by a lack of teeth.
- Provides comfort. Implants eliminate discomfort that may come from other treatment alternatives for missing teeth such as dentures or removable
- Easy to maintain. Dental implants are cleaned similarly to your natural teeth with regular cleaning, making them easy to clean.
- Affordable cosmetic alternative. Over the long run, implants are actually cheaper than other cosmetic options like bridges; they do not need to be replaced because they are a more permanent solution for missing teeth.
Dental Implant Process
- Implant installation – The dental implant is surgically placed into the jaw bone, in order to create a strong foundation for the replacement teeth.
- Post placement – After the dental implant has fused with your jaw bone and your gums have healed, small titanium posts are attached to the implant and protrude through the gum so they can hold the replacement tooth.
- Restoration placement – The artificial replacement tooth or teeth is fitted on top of the implant posts. The type of replacement tooth or teeth you receive can take the form of a crown, bridge, or partial/complete denture, depending on the number of missing teeth you have and your condition.