Dental Veneers: Pros and Cons
Are you confused about getting dental veneers? Do you have enough information about dental veneers? Dental Veneers are a cosmetic as well as restorative dental treatment where a thin piece of tooth-colored porcelain is cemented to the front of your natural teeth. They help in addressing physical and cosmetic problems. However, it is permanent in nature so you need to take the decision carefully.
Here’s a Look at the Pros and Cons of Veneers:
- The dental veneers Easily Whiten Your Smile which is damaged by several years of drinking coffee, smoking, or eating pigmented food. The teeth transforms into unattractive yellow or brown color. If you need a permanent solution and not just bleaching, dental veneers can be a good solution as they are stain-resistant so there are no chances of discoloration.
- The veneers are helpful in fixing Minor Cosmetic Problems such as slightly crooked teeth or gapping. Veneers can be more effective than braces. They don’t change the position of your teeth but tactfully camouflage orthodontic problems. Your teeth may be gapped but no one will be able to discover.
- Dental veneers are a great way to Replace Damaged Enamel. The enamel is strong but prone to damage over the period of time by harsh brushing or consuming acidic food. Even acid reflux can damage the enamel which can be replaced by the veneers.
- Some people have complained about Sensitivity problem after getting dental veneers. However, experts say that the sensitivity is only felt for few days and will go away soon. You can also manage sensitivity by using right products and taking precautions.
- The dental veneers are expensive in general. Though the cost depends on your location and number of veneers you need, it is fairly expensive.
- The structure of the natural teeth is changed for placing the veneers which makes it an Irreversible Procedure.
Dental Veneers are a great way to hide your physical and cosmetic dental issues but you need to consider all the pros and cons before going for them.