Invisalign Treatment at Kew Gardens, NY
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment used to align teeth as well as correct tooth crowding or gaps. The treatment consists of a series of customized, clear aligners that are worn over your teeth.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Virtually invisible. Invisalign is designed to be virtually invisible; the clear aligners are nearly undetectable to the eye, so it never distracts from your smile.
- Easily removable. The clear aligners can be removed for thorough cleaning or anytime you wish to eat or drink without restrictions.
- Comfortable to wear. Invisalign aligners are made of a smooth plastic that is customized to fit your teeth, which reduces the chances of irritation or poking to your cheeks and gums, and allows for the aligners to be comfortably worn all-day.
- Shorter treatment period. The average time it takes to complete an Invisalign orthodontic treatment can range between 9 to 15 months, depending on your situation. For the quickest results, we recommend wearing the clear aligners for about 20-22 hours each day.
- Creating the treatment plan – Once we have established that you are a good candidate to receive Invisalign treatment during your initial consultation, we will create a customized treatment plan that involves mapping how your teeth will gradually move with each set of aligners, and the resulting smile after the treatment has been completed.
- Creating the aligners – Next, we will have a series of custom aligners made for your teeth. After the aligners have been made, you will be able to begin the Invisalign treatment.
- Completing the treatment – Over time, the aligners you wear will begin to shift your teeth into a more desirable place. Every two weeks, you will be required to wear a new set of aligners until you have fully completed the treatment.