Pediatric Dentistry Kew Gardens, NY
We understand that as a parent you want the best for your child, especially when it concerns their health. We are always dedicated to providing dental care for our patients of all ages and is why our office also offers pediatric dental care, specifically designed for our younger patients—from infancy to adolescence.
Benefits of Pediatric Dental Services
- Preventative care at an early age.Bringing your child to our pediatric dentists from an early age will allow us to provide them with the proper dental care to prevent tooth decay or gum disease. It will also allow us to monitor their dental health as they grow older and begin to grow their permanent teeth.
- Opportunity to learn proper dental care habits. Our pediatric dental specialists inform children about the proper dental care habits they should maintain at home in order to keep their teeth happy and healthy.
- Eliminates a fear of the dentist. Children who frequent the dentist starting from an early age are less likely to develop a fear of the dentist in adulthood.
The First Visit
A child’s first visit to our office should take place around 6 months of age and no later than one year of age; this is around the time where they grow in their first baby teeth. Their first visit with us serves as their first regular dental checkup; during this visit we will:
- Examine your child’s teeth and gums.
- Provide a fluoride treatment/cleaning if necessary.
- Educate you and your child about healthy dental habits.
- Discuss negative dental habits that your child should avoid down the road, like thumb sucking.